Alexander's Halibut w/ Viognier Reduction
Serves up to 4 people
- 6 oz. Halibut Filet
- 1 tbs. sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbs. capers
- 4-6 oz. Season Cellars Viognier
- 2 oz. butter
- 1/2 tbs. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs. olive oil
Best paired with...
Season Cellars Viognier
Our Viognier condensed into one word is… “tropical.”
A dense bouquet of mandarin orange, star fruit and banana takes our palate to a rich, lush jungle of guava, pineapple, and passion fruit with spears of marshmallow cream.
- SILVER – OREGON WINE AWARDS 2022
- SILVER – SAVORNW WINE AWARDS 2022
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 hours
Serves: 4 guests
Cooking times are approximate.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the halibut in it about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan heat the butter and sauté the garlic. Add the capers and sun dried tomatoes and continue sautéing the ingredients together.
- Add Season Cellars Viognier and let reduce while the capers and tomatoes absorb the flavor.
- You can pour the reduction over the halibut or for added flavor put the halibut in the reduction for a couple of minutes before it’s all the way done.
- Serve with rice and vegetables of your choice.
Interested in more recipes?
Consider being a part of the family and join our Wine Club for exclusive offers and newsletters, which include quarterly recipes.