Asian Chicken Citrus Salad w/ Quinoa
Serves up to 4-6 people
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thigh or protein substitute
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tbs. EVOO
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 scallions or green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 4 tbs. honey
- 4 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. hot chili oil
- 1 1/2 tbs. wasabi paste
- 6 clementine mandarin orange cuties, half juiced and half peeled into wedges
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small bunch radish, grated
- 1 small red onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, chopped
- Wonton strips (optional)
Chicken marinade ingredients:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup teriyaki
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 4 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 6 tbs. ginger spread jam (can substitute with grated fresh ginger and honey)
- 1 1/2 tbs. Sambal (Vietnamese chili paste)
- Whisk together and reserve 1/3 cup for drizzling and dipping. Marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes.
Best paired with...
Season Cellars Transparency
Sparkling yet clear…
Dancing flowers in the air…
Invigorating tango on the tongue…
Life has only just begun…
Jumpstart all your senses with this delightful blend of 50% Muller-Thurgau, 35% Muscat, 15% Riesling.
- GOLD – SAVOR NW WINE AWARDS 2022
- DOUBLE GOLD – OREGON WINE AWARDS 2022
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Serves 4-6 people
- Grill chicken, when done allow to rest for 5 mins. and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan and sauté garlic, scallion/onion, ginger and jalapeno on medium heat for 3-4 mins., reserve.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in rice vinegar, lemon juice, soy, mustard, honey, all three oils, wasabi paste and the clementine juice and heat until warm, turn off heat and let cool.
- Toss the cabbage, carrot, radish, onion, peas, cilantro, avocado, clementine pieces and pickled ginger along with the dressing, the quinoa, and the chicken and garnish with wonton strips.
- Serve with a cold glass of Season Cellars Transparency, enjoy.
Interested in more recipes?
Consider being a part of the family and join our Wine Club for exclusive offers and newsletters, which include quarterly recipes.