Season's Chicken Tandoori Masala Bake
Serves up to 4 people
- 2 tbs. ground cumin
- 2 tbs. ground coriander
- 2 tbs. smoked paprika
- 2 tbs. garam masala
- 2 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. red chili powder
- 1 tbs. ground ginger
- 1 tbs. turmeric
- 1 tbs. ground cardamom
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 4 tbs. lemon juice
- 3 tbs. oil
- 2 tbs. ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1.5 lbs. chicken thighs or legs
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1/2 bulb garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 red pepper, chpped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cups Season Cellars Viognier
- 1 1/3 cups white rice (we use 50/50 jasmine and #1 sushi)
- 3 cups chicken bouillon
- Basil to garnish
Best paired with...
Season Cellars Viognier
Our Viognier condensed into one word is… “tropical.”
A dense bouquet of mandarin orange, star fruit and banana takes our palate to a rich, lush jungle of guava, pineapple, and passion fruit with spears of marshmallow cream.
- SILVER – OREGON WINE AWARDS 2022
- SILVER – SAVORNW WINE AWARDS 2022
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 hours
Serves: 4 guests
Cooking times are approximate.
- Combine 4 Tbs. Tandoori Masala, lemon juice, oil and fresh ginger in a bowl and add chicken pieces coating thoroughly and pricking chicken pieces with tip of a knife.
- Add the yogurt and coat chicken, marinade for 3 hrs.
- In a Dutch oven add 1 Tbs. of oil and brown chicken outside but not cook through on medium high, 8-10 mins per side, reserve. Now add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins then add carrot and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 mins., reserve.
- Deglaze pan with viognier scraping up all the bits and pieces and reduce until it starts to thicken.
- Add rice, 1 Tbs. of Tandoori Masala and 1 Tbs. oil if necessary for moisture and fry rice for 3-5 mins.
- Stir in tomatoes and remainder of marinade, bullion and add back the sauté and chicken pieces and bring to boil.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 for 45 mins. Garnish with fresh chopped basil. Serve with Season Cellars Viognier, enjoy.
Interested in more recipes?
Consider being a part of the family and join our Wine Club for exclusive offers and newsletters, which include quarterly recipes.