Season's Seafood Linguine
Serves up to 4 people
- ¾-1 Lb. linguine
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 5 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3-6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Italian Essence, recipe on back
- ½-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 small can (1.5 oz.) anchovy fillets, chopped, reserve anchovy oil
- 1 cup Season Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 Lb. small clams such as littlenecks or cockles scrubbed
- 1 Lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 12 oz. chopped clams,
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Asiago
Best paired with...
Season Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
Our Sauvignon Blanc brings intense aromas of creamy citrus zest with grassy notes. The rich citrusy palate of ruby red grapefruit, although dry, gives the perception of sweetness balanced by a streak of minerality.
CELLAR SELECT – OREGON WINEPRESS JUNE 2022
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 guests
Cooking times are approximate.
- In a stockpot bring to boil water and 2 Tbs. salt.
- Add pasta and cook to label directions al dente, drain reserving ½- ¾ cup of pasta cooking water. Place pasta in a bowl and drizzle with 2 Tbs. olive oil, toss.
- Meanwhile, let’s make sauce. In a large sauté pan or skillet on medium-high heat, add remaining 3 Tbs. olive oil, 1 or so Tbs. anchovy oil and onion.
- Sauté onions until lightly caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, Essence, red pepper flakes and anchovy and cook, stirring occasionally until garlic is browned, a minute or so.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half, maybe 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, reserved pasta cooking water and remaining 1 ½ tsp. salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add the clams, shrimp, mussels and basil to the pan and cook until the clams and mussels start to open, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped clams and parsley and cook another minute or so.
- Remove sauce from the stove and add pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Interested in more recipes?
Consider being a part of the family and join our Wine Club for exclusive offers and newsletters, which include quarterly recipes.